Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Officially old

Oh my gosh... I was just listening to John Tesh's radio show and they played Blues Traveler's "Runaround".

Runaround.

The song that circa 1995 was blasted from my stereo day and night. The song that was played during dozens of college cookouts at our ultra cool apartment on Jones Avenue in Morgantown... the song that was played at every frat party that spring... the song that I rocked out to the summer of 1996 at the H.O.R.D.E Festival in Pittsburgh AND Cincinnati... the song that embodies my youth...

The song that is now being played on adult contemporary radio shows.

Ummmmm....

Oh my gosh... I listen to John Tesh's radio show.

I'm old.




Labels:


11 Comments:

Blogger Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

I haven't listened to John Tesh's radio show... but I know what you mean. How did our music become "adult contemporary"? Why is all of our stuff already considered "retro"????

I'm so old.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I've never heard John Tesh's show, but I can attest that I'm finding a large gap between my alternative music and my little sister's alternative music... ;)

Side note: Where does one even find Mr. Tesh on the radio? It's almost as bad as listening to Delilah (sp?). :D

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that was so, so funny! I think I am the same age as you (born in 1975 - I turned 32 two days ago). Anyway, I just received a very funny email about growing up in the 80's. Do you have some where I can send it to you??? It's so long to post here.

Hope you don't think I am stalking you!

Vicki

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

I was dancing to "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors at the grocery store yesterday. And yes, I felt old.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Um all the videos I watched growing up are now on VH1 Classics. Sad indeed....

You know it is bad when you niece wants to know if you will burn copied of the Green Day CD's your husband has. Sure. I wrote the dates of the CD's on them as well and when she saw them she said, "Wow. Green Day was around before I was born?!?!" Thanks......

10:27 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Yeah, I always have to laugh when I flip through the channels past Nick at Night (where they used to play things like I Love Lucy, Patty Duke and Leave it to Beaver) where they now play shows that I grew up on - like Fresh Prince and Full House. Yeah, I know what you mean about feeling old.....

10:31 AM  
Blogger shan said...

ah, HORDE Festival... I went in 1996 at The Gorge in WA state. Awesome. And yes, I am old (36), and I can accept that.
But John Tesh? How could you have attended HORDE and now be listening to John Tesh's radio show?

5:58 PM  
Blogger dan said...

To quote Jay-Z 30's the new 20 and I'm so hot still.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I love that song! One of the first CDs I ever bought!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

me too

4:38 PM  
Blogger ALT - [f r a m e s] said...

WTF John Tesh?

I am not comin' 'round here no mo'...

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home