Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Redemption

The boy. He has finally redeemed himself.

While Gavin was struggling to take a poop (yes, in his diaper... I have decided his college roommates can potty train him), he informed me "mommy, it's hard to poop." In my very best dietetic tone I told him, "well, you know what you need to eat more of", to which he gleefully replied "FIBER!!!!!!!!!". I asked him "do you know what foods have fiber in them?" and he answered "kashi, fruits, and vegetables."

Then later that day he came across a magazine I left in the living room and said "oh, I need to put this up!" So he picked up the magazine and put it in the bathroom.

Ok, so my kid can't crap in a toilet BUT he has a firm grasp on the nutrional/gastrointestinal implications of fiber, good dietary sources of soluble and insoluble fiber, AND the need for reading materials in the bathroom.

Booyah.

Labels:


7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

My children read while pooping on the potty and there is nothing weird about it. Good for the Gavinator!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

One thing at a time.

9:39 AM  
Blogger veggirl40 said...

Yeah Gavin! Ha!! Hey, I'm stalking you from Flickr. I just got my nearly 4yo boy potty trained by bribing and lying to him. Good, I knew you would approve :-) I had Buzz Lightyear call him (dad) and Buzz left a couple of small presents for him on the bathroom counter and a grand prize present for him to earn. He got the small ones with each poopy on the potty and the grand prize after that. It worked great. I couldn't believe he fell for it. Buzz kept calling to encourage him. Sucker!! I thought the same thing, I thought for sure he'd still be in pull-ups in college and I'd be nursing my girl in her dorm LOL!! Good luck.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Thankfully the Terrors potty trained fairly easily. However, I'm sure that if I asked them now, they probably couldn't tell me that they need fiber! :)

12:59 AM  
Blogger karrie said...

He's halfway there then. :)

We're all set with pee, but I keep hearing "I prefer to poop in diapahs." Which means I have to hand over a diaper, let him poop, then give him another one (all that fiber), repeat. Such a waste.

He laughs at my bribes.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perfect!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

That's funny. Sounds like you've got a smart boy there.

My 4yr old daughter can stay dry at night, but only if she wears a pull-up. No pull-up, and she will pee the bed.

I don't get kids sometimes...

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home