Day 12: What Not To ExpectPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When you get that notion, put your backfield in motion

Officially a Mom


Putting that Backfield in Motion since 2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Nuts

So I was listening to Da’Dip this morning on the way to work and got inspired to write a blog post. True story. I mean, because aren’t wall just squirrels in the world trying to get a nut so wassup? Unless, of course, one has a nut allergy then all bets are off but I'm not allergic AND I have a nut-related goal, to boot!

Anyhoo, I’ve been slacking on the blog BIG TIME and now I’m slacking over on Flickr and I’m sure all of you are getting ancy, nervous, and sweaty waiting for me to update. It’s okay to admit it. That’s exactly how I get when my exes and people I don’t know but think are pretty take months to update their myspace pages. Although sometimes I’m sweaty for no reason but that’s another post all together.

I should add that I can’t take full blame for slacking on Flickr. Some of you may have noticed that the husband is all Flickr crazy and he is hogging the camera and Photoshop to do his own thing. I would be pissed but he really rocks (Dude has already been image of the day at Parent Dish) and it is cool to watch him get sucked into the online world so I can say stuff like “remember when you used to get all mad because I used to sit in front of the computer Flickring all night long? Yeah, well, looks like you can’t get mad at me now, Mr. I’ve been on Flickr for 4 hours. Suck it. How you like them apples!?!”

We have a really healthy relationship. I swear.

I have also been spending my online time over at the debate board. I don’t know what it is- perhaps it is the one poster who we all know is someone else and really doesn’t do much to hide the fact she (he?) is someone else yet still is able to get some of the most rational regulars riled up and it really is fascinating to watch- but I have a renewed interest in the board. I thought about resigning as a host when I was going through a period when I couldn’t post but I’ve put that idea on the back burner. I do miss being a smart ass and saying the things that I want to say but can’t because I’m a host but I think I’m going to work more on finding a balance between professionalism and smartassism.

Besides, I really, really do care about the breast versus bottle debate. It’s such a complex and personal issue for me seeing as how I had such a difficult time nursing Gavinator and an easy, breezy, still nursing at 26 months time with Goose. On one hand, I’m all formula is fine and don’t martyr yourself to breastfeed and on the other, I’m all come on, stick with it, everyone should breastfeed! Sometimes I catch myself being so internally judgmental when I find out someone I know is formula feeding and the board helps to keep me grounded and remind me that I have no idea what is really going on. As much as I don’t like to think about what went down with the Gavinator, I think it gives me the empathy necessary to be a good advocate.

Now, just so you don’t think I spend all my time online, I have decided to document my journey from flab to fit on this blog. I have recommitted myself to The Firm. No, not the Tom Cruise movie (although the fancy piano music in that flick would be something to jump around to) but to this The Firm. I used The Firm to get into incredible shape 5 years ago- so incredible that I went to visit my sister and all her neighbors were convinced to buy the Firm after poking at my incredibly toned buns- and after the birth of Gavinator. I haven’t been much for working out since Goose was born other than nightly walks and the exercise ball. I’m in good cardio shape and my weight is fine but I’m saggy and in desperate need of some tone. I’m not getting in younger so I’m going to do The Firm workouts 4-5 times a week, cut back on salty and sweet snacks (dear Lord be with me), and try to regain the butt I could bounce quarters off of.

If I can ever wrestle the camera and photoshop away from the husband, I’ll post my week one progress here and continue to do so for the next 12 weeks. Already my thighs and arms are feeling firmer (heheheheh, not just a clever name, I see) and at the rate I’m going, I should be able to crack nuts just by pointing my buns in their direction by Christmas. That should definitely come in handy.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Sigh....longing for the day that I can post "my weight is fine I'm just a little saggy"......

7:32 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

I have been sucking at, well life lately. I am WORN OUT all the time. And to be honest and maybe I should blog about it, I am freaking about this new baby. The whole idea of going back again....

Stay at the board for a bit longer. I am going to need new encouragement with this one...

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home